Monday, January 20, 2014

Startitis

It's been awhile since I've blogged.  I promised myself that for the new year, I would not start a new project until I finished a previous one (no matter how many new shop models we need!).  I was doing okay, as I'm still finishing Christmas presents that have now become birthday presents.  But then, we got a new to us yarn in the mail.

Raggi Sock Yarn from Jarbo!

I had heard about this wonderous sock yarn from customers and when I found the rep who sold it, ordered some.  I am absolutely in love with the yarn!

Having males in the family with large feet, I learned early on in my sock knitting adventures that boot socks made with worsted weight yarn is the way to go.  (Otherwise, with regular sock yarn on a size 3 needle, I will be in the black hole of knitting* for weeks at a time.)  Raggi is made to be knit on size 7-8 needles!

I cast on the first sock Friday evening, and finished it on Sunday.  Keep in mind this son has size 12 feet and likes his boot socks to be extra tall.  At this rate, the second sock should be done before his birthday on Sunday.

Pattern:  Sock Recipe  by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Yarn:  Jarbo Raggi #15104

My family has an abundance of birthdays the first few months of the year, so the delayed Xmas gifts work for birthdays.  For my niece, who turned 20 at the beginning of January, a pair of Cafe Au Lait fingerless gloves.


Pattern:  Cafe au Lait by Paula McKeever  Yarn:  Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk dk Plum Noir
 (Luckily for me, she's been out of town with the college swim team, so these will be waiting in her mailbox when she returns.)

Stay warm and Happy Knitting New Year!


*Black Hole of Knitting - when you knit for three hours and have only lengthened the knit piece by an inch (if you're lucky....)








No comments:

Post a Comment