Monday, September 24, 2012

If you've been into the shop lately, you may have noticed we've gotten a number of shipments of new sock yarn (and several more are arriving soon!)  Could there be something afoot for the month of October?

Yes it will soon be SOCKTOBER!!!  or, Sock Yarn, Not Just for Socks!

Our featured Knit-A-Long for the month of October is the Wingspan.  I started the model for this project last week, and I have to say, I can't put it down.  Wingspan can be made from sock yarn or instructions are available for worsted weight, but I'm currently using the new Zauberball sock yarn.  I don't think I've ever been so entertained by a yarn while knitting.



As soon as I finish this model, I'm planning to make another one in either Zauberball Crazy or the Jawoll Magic Colors.  The shawl uses short rows, but if you've ever done them before, there is no wrapping involved.  I'm excited to see how the yarn stripes on the rest of the project.

Now, back to the other five models I'm trying to complete......


No comments:

Post a Comment